Tuesday 16 October 2012

Review: Barry M Lipstick in Shade 160

Hello girlies I hope you are all ok. Today im back with a review post on a new lipstick that I purchased to where when I went out on Saturday night.

My outfit on Saturday was simple, my maroon primark wedges and a grey River Island dipped hem jersey dress. To correspond with the shoes I thought I would dip my toe into the waters of the autumnal plum shade lipstick.

My choice of shade was the Barry M lipstick in shade 160 (available at Superdrug for £4.49 - However I cant find the link online).

 
The colour in the bullet looked really daunting to me at first as Im normally someone who goes for pale pinks and my lips but better shades. When I swatched it in store it was still a dramatic colour but looked more wearable.
 
 
These two pictures were taken in slightly different lights which is why they do not look the same. I would say that the picture on the left was more true to life. A dark plummy ish colour with a visible hint of red.
 
I dont have a picture of me wearing it but colour payoff is good when it goes over my natural lip colour as opposed to a colourless hand!
 
The price is good for a high street brand, as I said the colour is lovely and it glides onto the lips really smoothly. It isnt drying at all so it gets a big thumbs up from me.
 
With regards to the packaging, some might say that the pink is a bit tacky but Im personally not bothered by it. The pink makes it stand out from the other lipsticks I own. The bullet does feel smaller than other products so im not sure if this is because there is less product or theyre just made to be more compact.
 


This was my first Barry M lip colour and I am really pleased with the product. Id definitely buy another colour from the range!
 
Do you own any Barry M lipsticks?
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a gorgeous autumnal shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt even think, but it would be perfect for the christmas season! Thank you for following, ive checked your blog out too and im now following. Your homemade pizza looked yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm love Barry M lippies, they have so many lovely shades and they're such a bargain too! This one looks great for A/W :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first Barry M Lipstick, im converted! It is great, I highly recomend it :) xx

    ReplyDelete