Friday 10 August 2012

£20 Makeup Challenge: Superdrug

Hello lovely ladies

Today ive got a different kind of blog post for you and its one that just came to me when I was pondering about what to blog about.

I thought it would be a fun idea to go onto the Superdrug website and fill a basket with everything that a person would need to start of their makeup collection. I thought this would be really useful for those who are just starting out in makeup or for those who have just finished a product and would like to try something different.

I set a limit at £20 which I feel is quite affordable (I was going to do £10 but when I looked the only way I could succeed with that budget would be to buy all MUA or 2True products and I wanted to go for a variety of brands).
MUA Professional Brush On Concealer Pen Radiance
Within my £20 budget I managed to find 6 products which cover all bases and are great makeup staples. Just a note to say that I havent actually used all of these products so im not sure what kinds of skin etc that they would work for.

The first product ive got for you is the MUA Professional Brush On Concealer Pen which will set you back £2.00. Ive never tried this but the MUA products which I have tried have been great so I cant see that this would be total rubbish. It claims to smooth and brighten the skin to create a perfect canvas which sounds great to me!

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation Soft BeigeThe second product is foundation. The foundation I went for is from a very well known brand and is the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. This costs £5.99 which is very affordable and as its from Rimmel you know you are getting a good quality product. Ive never used this but if it is truly matte then this product would be great for the summer when it is warm (like the weather weve got today her in East Anglia!).

COLLECTION 2000 Pressed Powder 3The third product I chose is a powder. I personally use powders everyday as I suffer with oily skin so I need something to banish the shine. This is also a product which I am currently using and Im getting on really well with it. I have it in the transluscent shade and it does get rid of shine without making the rest of my make up look cakey. This product gets a big thumbs up from me. For £1.99 the COLLECTION 2000 Pressed Powder would be a great addition to your make up bag.

FashionistA Mono Blusher Rose ShineNow youve made a perfect base for the rest of the make up, the next thing I would do is to highlight my cheekbones and add some colour using a blusher. Ive never bought a really expensive blusher and my two current favourites are an MUA one and a Natural Collection (which is only available in Boots) one. The one ive chosen for you today is the FashionistA Mono Blusher in Rose Shine. This is £4, which is personally more than ive ever spent on a blusher but it still doesnt put us over the £20 pound limit. Ive chosen this blusher becasue I think it is is such a beautiful shade and it looks quite natural which if your new with makeup you want things that help to enhance your natural features without looking too overdone.
Collection 2000 Longer Lash Black
At this point you could add bronzer but Ive left it out of the shopping basket A )because its not an essential part of a makeup routine and B) it would have put me over budget! Once youve applied blusher the only thing you have left to do is to decorate your eyes and lips. The only eye product included in the basket is the Collection 2000 Longer Lash in Black. Im currently using this and its one of the best mascars ive ever used. I would recommend this to anyone. It costs £2.99 and claims to seriously lengthen lashes.

FashionistA Double Take Long Wear Lipstick - Natural PinkThe final product in this basket is the FashionistA Double Take Long Wear Lipstick in Natural Pink. This costs £3.00 (although originally £7.00 and is currently on offer). I chose this particular shade because it looks really natural and sometimes choosing a suitable lip colour can be really daunting (I know it is!). This isnt too much and looks as if it would be perfect for everyday use.



So there we have it. 6 must have have makeup products which will make a good basis for any collection and all for a grand sum of £19.97, So youve still got change for 3 1p sweets (do they even exist anymore?!).

What do you think of my picks? Do you think this post was interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment